Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Heart and Soul



I can’t find my heart. I look for it through clear corridors in time. It’s there, I’m sure of that, but it’s changed. I took it for granted in my twenties. But even then, it seemed something mystical, an unknown destination you assumed to be bound for, with no idea of a departure date or length of stay. At times, it feels the innermost part of my being is kept a safe distance from me in some secret chamber, yet I am in constant contact and guided by that force. I feel sure our creator thought it best for us not to know the depths of our heart; he dolls out awareness in small doses because he knows we wouldn’t understand.

The universe is in the heart; all things, including the hearts of all others, reside there. But until we can see it from the inside, our only clue to the depth of this realm is what a sense in our soul. 

If we knew what our souls were and where they were kept, then we would be robbed of the journey, the excitement of finding secret passageways and corridors along the way. For all we know, our soul guides us and it, too, thinks it best to supply information in small doses, just enough to keep us searching for our heart and soul. 

1 comment:

  1. What a read. I am without words. Poetic,metaphisical,spiritual, Makes you itch for more.

    ReplyDelete