Monday, March 4, 2013

Love, be with me

There's got to be something I can do to bring good fortune back my way. I'm so tired of bad things happening; tired of financial trouble and worrying all the time. I found this book, Every Man A King or Might In Mind Mastery, by Orison Swett Marden, copyright, 1906. The opening chapter has a poem:

We build our future, thought by thought,
Or god or bad, and know it not - 
Yet so the universe is wrought.
Thought is another name for fate,
Choose, then, thy destiny, and wait - 
For love brings love, and hate brings hate.
                                         --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I want so much to dwell on good thoughts, I really do. Every time I think I'm going to be able to do so, something bad happens, usually because I did or said something stupid. I want the world to forgive me for the stupid things I've said and done. I want to forgive everyone for the stupid things they've said and done. Jesus said, "Forgive and it shall be forgiven you." Inner peace is summed up in that simple sentence. All my troubles have come from not forgiving others; then in turn, they don't forgive me. I desperately want to be a better man. I want to love all and to be loved by all, especially those with him I've had conflict. There must be a way; there simply has to be a way. There's not much dispute about the ageless wisdom of Christ, even non-believers marvel at his philosophy. He said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." That means it is possible to have peace on earth. The path to that peace is found in forgiveness and love. I want to love. Surely I can learn to love. Love, be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment