Friday, April 29, 2011

Revelation

I've had a very keen revelation tonight. Maybe I had it a long, long time ago but refused to accept it. That revelation is that the rock & roll night life is not good for me. It has ruined my reputation and in no uncertain terms, made a rebel of me.

Between the years of 1978 and 1990, I rarely played drums. I was a church going man, for all practical purposes. But then the love of drumming lured me back to the nightlife.

It's not that playing music is bad, but I think in my soul, there has always been a question as to whether or not I should be doing it. And as the scripture says, a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

For the duration of my days upon this earth, I want to be known as a good man, a fair man, a just man; not as a rowdy rebel who demands his way in everything. Because that's what I've done. Selfishness is the root of it, really, plain and simple selfishness.

I must be wise in this transition. There are probably some recording ventures I've been asked to do that might be just fun. But I really intend to make a radical turn from the nightlife henceforth. Many will try to sway me, but deep down, they'll know it's for the best. I have this deep conviction that if I try, and try hard, that I'l be able to restore my reputation and a stable man of character before I leave this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment